Wednesday, February 18, 2015

For you.

Recently, a married couple I know and love, tried twice to conceive through artificial insemination and twice they were unsuccessful. I spoke to her and something she said hit home with me. She said, “God is cruel. Just not meant to be I guess”. I wanted to cry for her when I read that. Although she CAN carry a baby and she DOES have all the necessary working “parts”, I felt for her. I went through all those emotions when I first found out I would never be able to carry a child. I thought maybe I wasn’t meant to be a mom. Why did this have to happen to me? But the truth is, I may never know why and she may never know why it didn’t work. But maybe it’s about finding out how strong we are and maybe THAT was God’s plan.

This entry is for her.

I already said before that I am not a very religious person, however, I do believe in God and that there is a reason for everything. Everyone has their share of bad days, weeks, hell, my family has had it for years. Yes, it’s not fair. But that’s also life. This beautiful & crazy disaster of a thing called life. You have to believe that one day, all the bad storms you went through will be worth it. One day, if I choose, I will have a baby. Maybe that baby will be mine or maybe that baby will be one that I adopt. But, I am thankful that God gave me that choice and it’s up to me when I am ready. Talking to her made me realize that everyone has their own struggle. Whether it be not having a uterus, not being able to conceive, trying for 7 years,  or even going thru a rough pregnancy and having to watch what you eat. It made me realize that I am not alone in this journey. Even though we may be taking different paths with different obstacles, the destination is the same: becoming a mom.

And for you, your day of motherhood will come. Whether it be by trying again or adopting. It will happen. Don’t be sad because you had a few setbacks. Trust me when I say I know how you feel. Yes, it sucks. Yes, it’s not fair.  You have to look at these trying times as test of your strength. But if you want to be a mother, you will.

Miracles can  happen.

I love you both.

3 comments: