Friday, January 2, 2015

This is me.




Hi. So I'm going to give this whole blogging thing a try and see how it goes. 

My name is Teri. I'm 30. Recently divorced and I moved back into my mom's house. Go me, right? No, this isn't going to be a blog about how terrible my marriage was or about me totally bashing my ex. Truth is, we just grew apart. I acknowledge I could have done things better but having him in my life made me realize things about myself and relationships in general and I will forever be grateful for the time we shared  and I will love him, always. And that's all I'm going to say about that. 

This blog is going to be about a topic that I have very rarely spoken about. Many people know that I cannot have kids. But most people don't know how or why. This blog is going to be about me opening up about how I felt when I found out when I was just 17. How I felt embarrassed and ashamed to be me. How I felt like I was less of a woman. How I felt like I was....broken. This is going to be about how I feel like I will never be able to experience what it feels like to have someone call me "Mom". This blog is going to be about my journey with Mayer Rokitansky Kuster Hauser Syndrome

Ladies, I hope on some level you can relate. Guys, some of my posts may be TMI. But honestly, I'm not doing this for any of you. I'm hoping that by me finally being able to talk about this and getting it out in the open, it will be some type of release and help me heal. You can read it or not. Love it or hate it. I'm sure many of you, relatives including, may think I should keep this private. But like I said, this is for me. I just hope you all can understand it.

-T

3 comments:

  1. I will definitely read it. My therapist once told me that I might feel better by writing my feelings and thoughts in a journal. You may feel better or you might not, but you won't know unless you try. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have MRKH. I think it's good to talk about it. Getting your feelings out is the best. I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I have never heard of it, but would like to learn. First off, just because you do not have a child, does not make you 'less of a woman'. One of my best friends has never had a child, however, she is the most loving and caring person I know. She has many nieces and nephews who have always gravitated to her, she is like a second mom to them all. They all come to her for encouragement and advice. Even though you have never been through childbirth, God does have a plan for you, Pray that His will be done and do not get down on yourself! I am sure you have nieces and nephews that love you for YOU. (As well as all family and friends) I think you are brave and very smart for wanting to talk about it this way and by releasing the negative feelings you can feel better about yourself! God loves you, you are valuable and who knows what He has in store for you! :)

    ReplyDelete